Meet the European Patent Office
Are you as well-informed about European patents as you would like to be? Do you work on the cutting edge of technology, and wonder when is the right time to patent? Perhaps you would simply find it useful to know more about the European Patent Office (EPO) and how it functions.
You are most welcome to join us for a presentation from EPO representatives on May 19th. As you see in the programme below, they will update you on both general and specific topics. Also there is the opportunity to speak with them afterward over a coffee.
Time: 19 May, 09.30-11.15
Place: Navet, Uppsala Biomedical Centre
Register today and do not miss out on this unique opportunity to learn from the experts!
09:30–10:45 Presentation from EPO
- An introduction to the European Patent Office (EPO) (Pia Björk, Director Pharmacy and Biopharmacy)
- What can and cannot be patented under the EPC, with a particular look at the pharmaceutical and biotechnological fields (Frédérique Fey-Lamprecht, Examiner Biopharmacy and Francesca Venturini, Examiner Pharmacy)
- The level of evidence required in a patent (Andrea Veronese, Examiner Pharmacy)
- Our search tools, including classification (Anne Durrenberger, Examiner Biopharmacy)
- Computer Implemented Inventions (Matthias Hilbig, Examiner Bioinformatics)
10:45–11:15 Coffee break