ALF is an abbreviation for "Agreement between the Swedish state and some county councils on cooperation on basic education of doctors, medical research, and the development of health care".
This agreement deals with the so called ALF compensation, which is a compensation to the regions (county councils) for their commitment to medical education and clinically oriented medical research. Clinically oriented medical research is, according to this agreement, based on access to health care resources and should place special emphasis on patient-related research.
The agreement also allows for cooperation on other financial resources.
The central agreement is supplemented by regional agreements, in our case between Region Uppsala and Uppsala University.
Collaboration takes place in party-composed groups on three levels:
- University Medical Board
- University Medical Board Executive Committee
- Universitetssjukvårdsenheter 2020 (university healthcare units)
- Universitetssjukvårdsenheter 2021 (university healthcare units)
The university healthcare units have RD&T groups (FoUU-råden).
University healthcare Plan
- Universitetssjukvårdsplan 2020 (university healthcare plan)
- Universitetssjukvårdsplan 2021 (university healthcare plan)