Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education and to interact constructively with society. Our most important assets are all the individuals whose curiosity and dedication make Uppsala University one of Sweden’s most exciting workplaces. Uppsala University has 44.000 students, 7.100 employees and a turnover of SEK 7 billion.
International Maternal and Child Health (IMCH) is a leading research and education centre at Uppsala University that works for improved global health with special emphasis on women’s and children’s health, nutrition and migration. The education and research programmes address the health challenges in low- and middle-income countries and in humanitarian crises. By developing and evaluating interventions and new strategies for tackling priority health problems, IMCH makes important contributions towards equitable global health.
- Conduct scientific reviews on topics related to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and migration under the guidance of senior researchers
- Develop communication materials (articles, reports, infographics videos, presentations etc.)
- Contribute to developing an online platform for the knowledge center as an educational/ informational resource for health care providers and researchers
- Develop evidence-based recommendation and identify best practices in SRHR and migration
- Organize seminars
- Promote the knowledge center
- A bachelor degree in relevant subject.
- Previous experience in writing reports and articles and publishing articles in peer reviewed journals in global health
- Previous experience and knowledge in global health, preferably in SRHR and migration
- High Proficiency in English and basic knowledge in Swedish
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research and methods
- Ability to cooperate and work in a group as well as independent
- A master degree in Global Health is desirable.
Uppsala University strives to be an inclusive workplace that promotes equal opportunities and attracts qualified candidates who can contribute to the University’s excellence and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.
Salary: Individual salary.
Starting date: 1 September 2019 or as otherwise agreed.
Type of employment: Temporary position ending 15 May 2020.
Scope of employment: Full time (100 %).
For further information about the position please contact: Senior Lecturer Soorej Puthoopparambil, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 070 4068369.
Please submit your application by 9 July 2019, UFV-PA 2019/1617.
Are you considering moving to Sweden to work at Uppsala University? If so, you will find a lot of information about working and living in Sweden at www.uu.se/joinus. You are also welcome to contact International Faculty and Staff Services at email@example.com.
In the event of disagreement between the Swedish and the English versions of this announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Please do not send offers of recruitment or advertising services. Applications must be submitted as described in this advertisement.
Placement: Department of Women's and Children's Health
Type of employment: Full time , Temporary position longer than 6 months
Pay: Individual salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Uppsala län
Number of reference: UFV-PA 2019/1617
Last application date: 2019-07-09