Apply for funds from the Sweden-America Foundation
15 May 2020
The Sweden-America Foundation is announcing scholarships for master's, PhD and postdoctoral studies in the United States and Canada for the academic year 2021/2022. Deadline is 15 September 2020.
The Sweden-America Foundation awards scholarships for master's, doctoral and postdoctoral studies in the USA and Canada. Scholarships can be applied for 6—12 months of study or research stay.
The scholarship amounts are usually between about SEK 50,000 and about SEK 400,000. The scholarships are based both on merit and need, and should be seen as a contribution to funding the studies or the research stay.
- You must be a Swedish citizen.
- You must have passed a basic degree (both Swedish and foreign university programs are approved).
- Diploma required.
- You can apply for a scholarship in all subject areas.
- You do not need to be accepted when applying (mainly applies to master's studies).
- You must arrange admission yourself and take care of all practical arrangements in connection with your stay abroad, incl. insurance, visa, housing, etc.
- You can apply for a scholarship for master's, doctoral and postdoctoral studies in the US and Canada.
- The studies for which you are applying for a scholarship should last 6 to 12 months, at least two terms, during the period 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Apply by 15 September 2020
The digital part of the application must reach the Foundation no later than 15 September 2020, at 23:59 Swedish time. If the physical part of the application is posted from Sweden, it must be postmarked by September 15. If the physical part of the application is posted from the United States or Canada, it must reach the Foundation no later than 15 September.